This Man in His 30’s Doesn’t Think He’s a Creep for Flirting With 19-Year-Olds

A man in his 30’s was confused when a group of younger women were creeped out by him

I know none of us need yet another story about a creepy guy who doesn’t understand boundaries but, alas, here we are. A 30-year-old man took to Reedit to complain that he was firmly shot down by a group of younger women he tried to flirt with. He was confused why these 18 and 19-year-old women didn’t want his presence at their birthday party and my eyes have officially rolled alllll the way to the back of my head.

So, here’s how it all went down. A guy with the username Throweotro posted his story on Reddit, asking for feedback as to why the women thought his behavior inappropriate. His post has since been deleted but was posted to Twitter via @redditships.

Basically, he saw a group of women at a bar/restaurant celebrating their friend’s 19th birthday. He found them attractive and told his friend they should go over. “My buddy told me to leave them alone and that they looked like ‘babies,’” the Reedit user recalled. “He didn’t want to go over at first, but since the breakup, every other woman but my ex has been invisible. He went to wingman with me.”

relationships.txt
AITA for flirting with 19 year old girls and defending myself when being called a predator.

Side note: if your friend says a group of women are too young and tells you to leave them alone YOU LISTEN TO THAT FRIEND. Ugh.

The two guys go over and he thought it was going well. Then, one of the women told him to “take a fucking hint R. Kelly.” She said that he was making them uncomfortable. Another woman asked the guys to go away. That wasn’t enough to get this man to leave, though. He wrote that he “stood his ground,” because he was irked by the R.Kelly comment.

He also didn’t get it when one of the women explained that he was too old to be hitting on them. But, um, that response fully checks out. 30-year-old men should not be invading the space of 19-year-old women and trying to flirt with them (attn: Moby).

“I said that adults are allowed to hit on adults. It’s not a crime,” the man wrote. “One woman just asked me why I was still standing there and yelled at me to go away.”

The guy’s friend later told him that he should have noticed that the women were uncomfortable and called him delusional. AGAIN, listen to your friend.

Later, a Twitter user posted a Reddit response from one of the women who the guy had been bothering. Her account of the events were, unsurprisingly, very different from his innocent retelling.

squiggle
did you see the girls response?

“Each time he said something, we nodded and then turned our backs to him. We said ‘thank you, bye’ a few times,” she recalled. “But he was still standing there, talking to us. His friend kept finding excuses to leave. I was annoyed, uncomfortable, and disgusted.”

People on Twitter had many thoughts and feelings about this guy and his whole situation. Basically, everyone was rolling their eyes and informing him that he was, indeed, being creepy.

Abdul R. Siddiqui
“I was respectful and not creepy at all tho” … … bruh

Rae Newts
“I stood my ground” will haunt me. This is not how any of this should work.

Lyanna Whoremont
I love how he went from saying girls to women

Christian Horn

As if it needs to be said again, men need to pick up on cues, not insert themselves into a woman’s space, and perhaps come to terms with the fact that it’s inappropriate to chat up 18 and 19-year-olds when you are THIRTY.

Comments

Bryson Cowan
5 days ago
The age difference doesn’t really matter. Yhey’re both adults, so being a 30 yr old that finds a 19 yr old attractive isn’t creepy or perverted. Stop trying to blur the lines between perversion, and acceptable adult behavior. That being said, once the Women asked you to leave, you should’ve just left. That’s when the shit became creepy. I would’ve been mad at the R Kelly comment too though, how dare you compare an adult being attracted to another adult, to an adult having sex with kids. There is no comparison, and at that point you deserved cussed out, but dude should’ve got the hint long before that even came up.

Larry Spencer
5 days ago
I guess I’m a pervert. I’m about to be 50. My wife is 32. So judge away.

Demetris Veal Sr.
5 days ago
I dont see anything wrong with that . shit you have girls having babies at 14 and 15 yrs old. 30 19 only a ten yr diffrence they both adults

Curtis Whitehead
5 days ago
He should have listened to his buddy and his buddy should have followed his instincts what are you doing man?

Andrew Staples
5 days ago
It depends on the mental state cause some of these 19 yr olds be having a mind of a 12 year old

305
5 days ago
If he had $$$ there be no rejections what so ever. It’s not about the age it’s about that bread 🤑🤑🤑

user4637216841121
5 days ago
Just look at it from the girls point if view. You might not feel old in your 30s but in 19yr old eyes you are ancient…

Burnadebt Gonzales
5 days ago
Any woman, at any age, should be allowed to deny any guy of any age lol “standing your ground” after these ladies said to back off is what made it creep status 😂😂😂

Anthony Walsh
5 days ago
There of age and if he had money.. they’d be hitting on him..by the way.. at 39yr. I had a 19 yr fiance and we stayed together for 6 yrs

knucklecat
5 days ago
Im much older, but very rich, when I’m out I have to stop them from flirting with me. It’s just creepy to see dollar signs in their dead listless eyes….

Thank you for reading my blog. Please read, like, comment, and most of all follow Phicklephilly. I publish every day.

Facebook: phicklephilly       Instagram: @phicklephilly       Twitter: @phicklephilly

Author: phicklephilly

Copyright © 2016 by Phicklephilly All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. All stories and characters are based on real people and events. The names and images have been changed to protect their privacy. Comment Rules: Remember what Fonzie was like? Cool. That’s how we’re gonna be — cool. Critical is fine, but if you’re rude, we’ll delete your stuff. Please do not put your URL in the comment text and please use your PERSONAL name or initials and not your business name, as the latter comes off like spam. Have fun and thanks for adding to the conversation!”

One thought on “This Man in His 30’s Doesn’t Think He’s a Creep for Flirting With 19-Year-Olds”

1. Wow! Interesting. I think this young man was justifiably offended when he was compared to R. Kelly. Nevertheless, he handled it badly. At that point, when they became rude, he could have taken the high road and apologized for misunderstanding or intruding, which is what he did. At 20, I found men in their 30’s to be “old”, but then I never liked older men. If he looked younger, then he might have gotten away with it. If it had been a one on one situation, where they could’ve gotten to know one another without peer pressure, it could have been different. The thing is, he imposed himself onto a girl party and did NOT pay attention to cues, in which case, he got what he deserved.

What are your thoughts on this subject?