One would assume that if you’re in a happy, healthy relationship and were given a challenge to name 5 things you found irresistible about your mate in 30 seconds you could do it, right? Ok I did start this blog with the word assume – so I’m assuming you could. But guys if you’re reading this, I somehow happened upon 18 things women find irresistible. So, you’re welcome if any of these helps you out:
- Own a pair of really nice shoes and actually wear them.
- Brush the hair out of their eyes.
- Are able to hold a baby or push a stroller without squirming.
- Plan an evening out from soup to nuts, from finding a movie to making the dinner reservations.
- Kiss creatively.
- Handle our emotions with grace and compassion.
- Have impassioned, informed opinions about women writers and women’s issues.
- Can distinguish between being courteous and being wimpy.
- Know how to inscribe a card with a heartfelt, personal message.
- Demonstrate respect for others by standing up when your mother comes to the table, giving up a seat on the bus for a pregnant woman, asking your dad for his opinion and really listening, etc.
- Show genuine, platonic interest in your female friends’ lives.
- Are playful around dogs, cats and kids.
- Make the bed in the morning and fold the laundry — competently.
- Offer juice, soup and TLC when we’re sick.
- Do the come-from-behind cuddle-hug, just to say hello.
- Remember insignificant details, like our favorite color or flower, and make use of that knowledge.
- Are unfailingly polite to all members of the service industries.
- Offer us caresses and compliments for no particular reason.
Ladies, do you agree? Does your man already do any of these? You’d think some would be a given. And I’ll be honest; I can’t wait to read your comments! Be sure to sound off. As always, thanks for stopping by my blog today! – Chaz
Thank you for reading my blog. Please read, like, comment, and most of all follow Phicklephilly. I publish every day.
My new book, Angel with a Broken Wing publishes of Amazon June 20th!
Listen to the Phicklephilly podcast LIVE on Spotify!
Instagram: @phicklephilly Facebook: phicklephilly Twitter: @phicklephilly